Monday 3 August 2015

Lovely story about a Crow and Parrot and others


A crow lived in the forest and was absolutely
satisfied in life. But one day he saw a swan. “This
swan is so white,” he thought, “and I am so black.
This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.”
He expressed his thoughts to the swan. “Actually,”
the swan replied, “I was feeling that I was the
happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has
two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest
bird in creation.”
The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot
explained, “I lived a very happy life until I saw a
peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock
has multiple colors.”
The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw
that hundreds of people had gathered to see him.
After the people had left, the crow approached
the peacock. “Dear peacock,” the crow said, “you
are so beautiful. Every day thousands of people
come to see you. When people see me, they
immediately shoo me away. I think you are the
happiest bird on the planet.”
The peacock replied, “I always thought that I was
the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet.
But because of my beauty, I am entrapped in this
zoo. I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I
have realized that the crow is the only bird not
kept in a cage. So for past few days I have been
thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily
roam everywhere.”
That’s our problem too. We make unnecessary
comparison with others and become sad. We don’t
value what God has given us. This all leads to the
vicious cycle of unhappiness. Learn to be happy in
what you have instead of looking at what you don’t
have.
There will always be someone who will have more or
less than you have. The person who is satisfied
with what he/she has, is the happiest person in the
world.

No comments:

Post a Comment